About Me

My photo
This blog is about coping with the strains of chronic illness whilst bringing up two beautiful children; it's also about the stresses of bringing up two children on your own while suffering with a chronic ongoing health problem which is at times very severe.... you can look at it either way. It's about being a single mum; it's about raising awareness of Interstitial Cystitis; it's about helping me cope. Writing this blog is beginning to bring me back to who I really am, who I really always was, before the single motherhood took over full time, before the illness set in.... a writer. I've always written, from essays to stories to journalism. This is the first thing I've written in years. It's helping me regain my confidence. PLEASE DO LEAVE ME COMMENTS AFTER MY POSTS! I'd genuinely love to hear your views on my (sometimes controversial) opinions. Thank you for taking the time to read. It would be great if you could comment so I know that you've been here and what you think.

Sunday 23 March 2014

random Sunday evening thoughts

So it's Sunday evening.

More random comments from Blue Eyed Boy on watching the Voice: 'When I am old, I want to be Tom Jones', and 'I am going to pray just like that; the Bizy praise'. Eyes closed, fingers pointing to the sky, silent rhapsody.

Results tomorrow on private urine 'broth' cultures. Am so scared of what they will have found I don't know what to do with myself. I don't like the doctor very much who has done these cultures and I don't think she's very good at managing my anxiety (have never actually met her; all over phone), so really am not looking forward to it all one bit. Worried I will just fall apart.

Dragged myself through family party today - I had to go, even though I was laid up in bed yesterday - as it was my dear Grandfather's 94th birthday or something - with assorted family members, some of whom I see all the time and some I hadn't seen for years. Couldn't summon up the enthusiasm necessary. Felt like a ghost or shadow of myself. Tried. Sat down. Tried harder.

Everything just seems bleak and frustrating and horrible.

And there are far too many doctors involved in my care now and I honestly do not know who to listen to first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Over to you!

So please let me know what you think, or ask me anything you would like to know.

I always appreciate honest feedback.