About Me

My photo
This blog is about coping with the strains of chronic illness whilst bringing up two beautiful children; it's also about the stresses of bringing up two children on your own while suffering with a chronic ongoing health problem which is at times very severe.... you can look at it either way. It's about being a single mum; it's about raising awareness of Interstitial Cystitis; it's about helping me cope. Writing this blog is beginning to bring me back to who I really am, who I really always was, before the single motherhood took over full time, before the illness set in.... a writer. I've always written, from essays to stories to journalism. This is the first thing I've written in years. It's helping me regain my confidence. PLEASE DO LEAVE ME COMMENTS AFTER MY POSTS! I'd genuinely love to hear your views on my (sometimes controversial) opinions. Thank you for taking the time to read. It would be great if you could comment so I know that you've been here and what you think.

Thursday 13 February 2014

be careful what you say

... because I've just discovered it's easy to find the IP address of abusive/nasty comments, and so report them...  I'm sure soon this kind of thing will become a crime, and reportable; when the law catches up with technology. I'm educating PPB about cyberbullying at the moment , and I do not intend to become a victim of it myself through writing a blog which is helping me and lots of others who are either single mums, or ill, or just enjoy reading my thoughts.

So if you have nothing useful, pleasant, interesting or civil to say, don't say anything.

but I LOVE comments: just not poisonous horrible ones.

topic closed now!!

4 comments:

  1. I get all sorts of phone and cyber-bullying all the time at work )-: . Don't let it get you down, you have enough to cope with - that's what I say x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fuck the poisonous cow. She's (and I think you are right that it's a woman - do you think you know her? How horrible.. ) an irrelevant arsehole. I think you write with a rawness and realism. LIfe is hard we know but for you it's a lot harder than most - I am so sorry you are going through this. But remember a sparkle like yours always wins through in the end. C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your support. I was taught the only way to deal with bullies is either to ignore or to stand up to them. I think people who criticise blogs, especially those that have regular readers and are established, are jealous, and will say anything to try to get to you. But this was no random troll: yes, I think from the way the remarks were so personally angled at me, it was someone who knows me, or thinks they know me from a forum maybe. Either way, they don't have a clue about me. I'm so over it. Karma is a great thing and deals with that stuff for us. I am glad you like my writing :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Over to you!

So please let me know what you think, or ask me anything you would like to know.

I always appreciate honest feedback.