About Me

My photo
This blog is about coping with the strains of chronic illness whilst bringing up two beautiful children; it's also about the stresses of bringing up two children on your own while suffering with a chronic ongoing health problem which is at times very severe.... you can look at it either way. It's about being a single mum; it's about raising awareness of Interstitial Cystitis; it's about helping me cope. Writing this blog is beginning to bring me back to who I really am, who I really always was, before the single motherhood took over full time, before the illness set in.... a writer. I've always written, from essays to stories to journalism. This is the first thing I've written in years. It's helping me regain my confidence. PLEASE DO LEAVE ME COMMENTS AFTER MY POSTS! I'd genuinely love to hear your views on my (sometimes controversial) opinions. Thank you for taking the time to read. It would be great if you could comment so I know that you've been here and what you think.

Thursday 13 February 2014

Toxin

I am happy that so many people have already read my last two posts, but I just received my first ever instance of cyberbullying. I haven't posted the comment; I have the option to moderate or delete.

I have never done this before, because it goes against my principles, but this post was just pure poison: 'you are moaning, why not ask others about their lives, people don't like people who moan, no wonder everyone has left you,' and that's me putting it really, really politely.

It gave me a shock - that I am not writing a diary - that not everyone reading this is reading it sympathetically.

So let me make this crystal clear.

Firstly I think I know who you are.

Secondly, whether or not I'm right, fuck you!

The internet is a big place.

If you don't like what I'm writing, don't read it.

Click a button; read something else.

If you have something productive, interesting, challenging to say; I would love to hear it.

If you want to get in touch about something IC or health related, or if you're a fellow single mum, I have loved hearing from you and will continue to welcome messages from strangers of this kind.

But kicking someone when they are down is bad, bad karma. It will come back to you tenfold, on top of all the other cold, bitchy things you've no doubt done ( and yes, I'm sure you were a woman).

It just means one thing: you are a nasty person. Accuse me of being bitter? Look in the mirror, lady.

Accusing me of 'moaning' after the week I've just had: well, perhaps I am, and perhaps I have a right to, and this is my space. My room. My blog. My readers. My choice.

You have no idea what it is to be inside my head; nor do you have any right to judge.

Go and deface a Tracey Emin exhibition; or burn some Sylvia Plath poems.

And then go and take your lovely, caring personality out into the world and stay away from me.

If I could block you from here I would; I can't, but all I can say is, if you don't like it, get the fuck out.

Nuff said.

3 comments:

  1. Go Girl !!!!! Completely agree 110% xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. honey even when you are hurting and angry you make me laugh like just now. I feel sorry for the recipient of this. Well, no, I don't , because they have upset you, but I certainly would not want to be your enemy. You are right. Nobody has to read anything online, let alone be spiteful about it. Life is too short. Go read something less heavy if you don't wanna know about life as a single mom with a chornic disease. It's not for everyone. But your blog is marvellous sweetheart don't be disheartened everyone gets this once in a while

    ReplyDelete
  3. how vicious when your suffering already so much. dont take any notice. some people only are happy when they are cutting others down . love your line about burning a sylvia plath poem, you should keep on with this, dont ever stop because of anyone telling you its negative, some of it is, but then some of it is so very funny.i would challenge critics to do better in your shoes, for myself i never judge til ive walked ten miles in someoens shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Over to you!

So please let me know what you think, or ask me anything you would like to know.

I always appreciate honest feedback.