About Me

My photo
This blog is about coping with the strains of chronic illness whilst bringing up two beautiful children; it's also about the stresses of bringing up two children on your own while suffering with a chronic ongoing health problem which is at times very severe.... you can look at it either way. It's about being a single mum; it's about raising awareness of Interstitial Cystitis; it's about helping me cope. Writing this blog is beginning to bring me back to who I really am, who I really always was, before the single motherhood took over full time, before the illness set in.... a writer. I've always written, from essays to stories to journalism. This is the first thing I've written in years. It's helping me regain my confidence. PLEASE DO LEAVE ME COMMENTS AFTER MY POSTS! I'd genuinely love to hear your views on my (sometimes controversial) opinions. Thank you for taking the time to read. It would be great if you could comment so I know that you've been here and what you think.

Monday 12 May 2014

not bothered

To all the school beautifully-manicured, bored-shitless, bitchy-as-you-like yummy mummies

I'm not bothered by your blank expressions when you ask me whether 'everything is better now' and I say 'no'.

I'm not bothered by your 'my child is better than your child' small talk because I know it to be a lie and even if it were true, I wouldn't be bothered. Children aren't possessions to be compared at the school gate you fools.

I'm not bothered that you shop in Boden and The White Stuff and Jigsaw and wear matching boots over skinny jeans over a body that you work out much too much because your face has had it. I'm not bothered that you'd rather be a size 6 than be pretty.

I'm not bothered that you think I'm fat.

I'm not bothered that you talk about me behind my back.

I'm not bothered that you are bothered by how bright and sparky and successful my children are because you'd love it if they weren't; then it would give you more to gossip about.

I'm not bothered that I can't, won't ever, and have no wish to drive a fucking 4 by 4. In . A. City. Or anywhere else.

I'm not bothered that your uber-husbands are rich, successful and (occasionally) vaguely handsome; they're probably sleeping with their secretaries behind your stupid backs.

I'm not bothered if you pity / laugh at / despise / pour scorn on / even like  me. I'm just not bothered.

Think what you like. Say what you like. I used to care, I really used to care, but now, I just don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Over to you!

So please let me know what you think, or ask me anything you would like to know.

I always appreciate honest feedback.