About Me

My photo
This blog is about coping with the strains of chronic illness whilst bringing up two beautiful children; it's also about the stresses of bringing up two children on your own while suffering with a chronic ongoing health problem which is at times very severe.... you can look at it either way. It's about being a single mum; it's about raising awareness of Interstitial Cystitis; it's about helping me cope. Writing this blog is beginning to bring me back to who I really am, who I really always was, before the single motherhood took over full time, before the illness set in.... a writer. I've always written, from essays to stories to journalism. This is the first thing I've written in years. It's helping me regain my confidence. PLEASE DO LEAVE ME COMMENTS AFTER MY POSTS! I'd genuinely love to hear your views on my (sometimes controversial) opinions. Thank you for taking the time to read. It would be great if you could comment so I know that you've been here and what you think.

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Fall seven times, stand up eight

fall-7-stand-up-8-bravery-picture-quote
 
 
Here's another... So the whole process of living with chronic illness is like running a really slow, really pointless marathon, with no finishing line. You are constantly falling over and you constantly have to pick yourself up. However often you fall, you can't stay down.

With IC in particular, you have the pain of needing to pee, the brief relief afterwards, and then the pain building up again, which becomes unbearable if you can't relieve it.... Fuck the embarrassment, fuck what other people think....I am way past that..... It's the constant process of falling into the red hot fire of the pain, and then dusting yourself off , picking yourself up, and carrying on with some task you need to do (in my case, caring for my two children), before the pain hits again and you fall into it once more.....

I read a great quote today. If you're sick of me complaining about my IC, let me set fire to your balls and see how you like it.

The silent bravery of everyone who lives daily in chronic pain and does not give up / hurl themselves off a building or under a bus.... it's remarkable, when you stop to think about it.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for helping me feel less alone. Your words are so powerful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well said, thoughts so many of us with IC can relate to!

    ReplyDelete

Over to you!

So please let me know what you think, or ask me anything you would like to know.

I always appreciate honest feedback.