About Me

My photo
This blog is about coping with the strains of chronic illness whilst bringing up two beautiful children; it's also about the stresses of bringing up two children on your own while suffering with a chronic ongoing health problem which is at times very severe.... you can look at it either way. It's about being a single mum; it's about raising awareness of Interstitial Cystitis; it's about helping me cope. Writing this blog is beginning to bring me back to who I really am, who I really always was, before the single motherhood took over full time, before the illness set in.... a writer. I've always written, from essays to stories to journalism. This is the first thing I've written in years. It's helping me regain my confidence. PLEASE DO LEAVE ME COMMENTS AFTER MY POSTS! I'd genuinely love to hear your views on my (sometimes controversial) opinions. Thank you for taking the time to read. It would be great if you could comment so I know that you've been here and what you think.

Thursday 12 September 2013

IC awareness day 12:just call me Jesus

If you could have any super power that could assist with IC  in a personal sense or a community sense, what would it be?

From Tali:
  • I would be able to master the art of sleepwalking. This would enable me to sleepwalk my ass to the bathroom and pee so that my sleep cycle or bladder function weren't disrupted. Ever.

This would be mine: I would develop the power to heal through touch. My touch would heal those who came near me, from any illness or ailment. And I could touch myself obviously (no pun intended) so I'd be healed in a second. Plus I'd travel the world, helping not just those with IC but everyone who is ill: cancer patients, leper colonies, you name it...... Just call me Jesus. Or an egotist. But it would work. And it would be amazing. The ability to take away pain, just like that. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Over to you!

So please let me know what you think, or ask me anything you would like to know.

I always appreciate honest feedback.