About Me

My photo
This blog is about coping with the strains of chronic illness whilst bringing up two beautiful children; it's also about the stresses of bringing up two children on your own while suffering with a chronic ongoing health problem which is at times very severe.... you can look at it either way. It's about being a single mum; it's about raising awareness of Interstitial Cystitis; it's about helping me cope. Writing this blog is beginning to bring me back to who I really am, who I really always was, before the single motherhood took over full time, before the illness set in.... a writer. I've always written, from essays to stories to journalism. This is the first thing I've written in years. It's helping me regain my confidence. PLEASE DO LEAVE ME COMMENTS AFTER MY POSTS! I'd genuinely love to hear your views on my (sometimes controversial) opinions. Thank you for taking the time to read. It would be great if you could comment so I know that you've been here and what you think.

Tuesday 22 October 2013

back on sleeping pills...

... the advantage of which is that I can sleep.

Disadvantages include not being able to get up easily in the morning, and adding another medication to the cocktail of painkillers/tranquilisers which is doing nothing to help my IC but only numbing the pain.

Still, I asked the doctor for them, as I was spending hours worrying at night which wasn't doing me any favours.

Last week, it was five years since my Granny (and best friend) died; a year since I broke up with Sleezeball. It's definitely been a reflective time, with the wind and rain outside and with this feeling of perpetual exhaustion and disappointment that my health has not improved with the passing of the year.

Still, snatches of rainbowdust are to be found, mostly playing with the children or the kitten. God knows what i'd be like if it was just me on my own. I'm really not sure I'd be here anymore. I'm glad to be grounded by these little creatures in reality, in tangible problems, even if some of them (like the bullying) are seemingly unsolvable.

Having a quiet day today, catching up with emails and paperwork.

Feeling blue but not disablingly so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Over to you!

So please let me know what you think, or ask me anything you would like to know.

I always appreciate honest feedback.