About Me

My photo
This blog is about coping with the strains of chronic illness whilst bringing up two beautiful children; it's also about the stresses of bringing up two children on your own while suffering with a chronic ongoing health problem which is at times very severe.... you can look at it either way. It's about being a single mum; it's about raising awareness of Interstitial Cystitis; it's about helping me cope. Writing this blog is beginning to bring me back to who I really am, who I really always was, before the single motherhood took over full time, before the illness set in.... a writer. I've always written, from essays to stories to journalism. This is the first thing I've written in years. It's helping me regain my confidence. PLEASE DO LEAVE ME COMMENTS AFTER MY POSTS! I'd genuinely love to hear your views on my (sometimes controversial) opinions. Thank you for taking the time to read. It would be great if you could comment so I know that you've been here and what you think.

Friday 31 January 2014

england is sinking

... so I woke up this morning to hear Michael Eavis talking on the radio about how perhaps the west country farmland should just be abandoned to become swampland and left to the birds and the clouds and the crocodiles.. or maybe not crocodiles... though they have been around since dinosaurs, haven't they? I'm sure they'll outlive us this time, too...

At first I thought it was some kind of joke. And then I heard the weather forecast. There are areas of the s/w of England that have been underwater for over a month. Several villages which have become islands. One village which is totally cut off, accessible only by a makeshift boat crewed by some very hardy but increasingly pissed-off residents.

The government were going to declare it a state of emergency, then decided they wouldn't, because it's only Somerset... then decided something had better be done, so are sending some army troops down there. What precisely the army is going to do remains to be seen. More heavy rain forecast for the weekend... I'm glad I live on a (very steep and rather high) hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Over to you!

So please let me know what you think, or ask me anything you would like to know.

I always appreciate honest feedback.