About Me

My photo
This blog is about coping with the strains of chronic illness whilst bringing up two beautiful children; it's also about the stresses of bringing up two children on your own while suffering with a chronic ongoing health problem which is at times very severe.... you can look at it either way. It's about being a single mum; it's about raising awareness of Interstitial Cystitis; it's about helping me cope. Writing this blog is beginning to bring me back to who I really am, who I really always was, before the single motherhood took over full time, before the illness set in.... a writer. I've always written, from essays to stories to journalism. This is the first thing I've written in years. It's helping me regain my confidence. PLEASE DO LEAVE ME COMMENTS AFTER MY POSTS! I'd genuinely love to hear your views on my (sometimes controversial) opinions. Thank you for taking the time to read. It would be great if you could comment so I know that you've been here and what you think.

Tuesday 24 September 2013

welcome to the world little one



So blog-wise, for those who have been having difficulties, I just installed Google Chrome and I got the Ad Blocker extension... it seems a bit better.... I would hate to have to give this up or transfer it all elsewhere which would take an age now!! This blog really is safe so if you can't access it one way, try another; I've run so much antivirus, antispyware, antimalware etc I know it is fine... wish I could do the same on my IC - just take a morning and blitz it!

So here I am, Tuesday morning. Back from London, a day trip yesterday, to see my beautiful nephew. I would post a picture but I want this blog to stay anonymous plus the events of the past few days on here have shown me that anything I upload to here may bring problems with it, so just text for now, no pics.


It was so lovely to see my nephew, and my little brother all grown up and being Daddy. Cheered me up just getting out of here for the day and although the travelling was tiring, it was worth it. The silence in the quiet carriage on the train was worth its weight in ten pound notes, barring one man who got on, sat down in the seat behind me and boomed 'is this the quiet carriage? where you can't use your mobile?' like something out of a comedy sketch. I just moved seats. Usually I would have engaged in discussion with him ('yes, and piss off', or something a bit more polite) but I had my book to read and I just couldn't be bothered to waste my energy.


It's getting more and more like that these days - when something really bugs me, sometimes I am more the old me than I ever used to be and I really do shout about it, but other times I just haven't got the energy. And actually, that's fine. Yesterday was not about engaging in arguments with random strangers. It was about seeing my brother, sister-in-law, and their beautiful new baby boy. And realising i am now an auntie, officially, and the passing of time etc etc. That's what it was about - and except for one scary moment, where I left my train ticket and oyster card in a Starbucks I'd popped into just to use the toilet, and had to run back in heels to the same toilet and find with relief and surprise that it was still there (in London, a small miracle), the day was peaceful and my symptoms were numbed with a double dose of painkillers. 


I am paying for it today - exhausted, can hardly walk down the stairs, wondering how on earth to get up and going.


But it was worth it a hundred times over. Welcome to the world my new little nephew; I hope your life is full of blessings and bliss and sunshine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Over to you!

So please let me know what you think, or ask me anything you would like to know.

I always appreciate honest feedback.