About Me

My photo
This blog is about coping with the strains of chronic illness whilst bringing up two beautiful children; it's also about the stresses of bringing up two children on your own while suffering with a chronic ongoing health problem which is at times very severe.... you can look at it either way. It's about being a single mum; it's about raising awareness of Interstitial Cystitis; it's about helping me cope. Writing this blog is beginning to bring me back to who I really am, who I really always was, before the single motherhood took over full time, before the illness set in.... a writer. I've always written, from essays to stories to journalism. This is the first thing I've written in years. It's helping me regain my confidence. PLEASE DO LEAVE ME COMMENTS AFTER MY POSTS! I'd genuinely love to hear your views on my (sometimes controversial) opinions. Thank you for taking the time to read. It would be great if you could comment so I know that you've been here and what you think.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

IC Awareness Month: Days 3 and 4

Day 3 'i hate you so much right now,' by Kelis. Theme song for my bladder.

Day 4 'I have learnt that I cannot control everything in my life and that I have to relinquish control a lot in order to be calm. I am in a kind of a prison so I feel I have to just get through the days and make things as manageable as possible in these days. So I do not drink alcohol or drink coffee; I try to sleep well; I try to eat properly and not foods that will make my bladder angry.
But it goes much deeper than this. I was a bit of a hyperchondriac before I got ill and it developed to IC.
I have learnt that health is the greatest luxury we can possibly have. I guess you never know how much you loved something til it has gone.
I pray to get a better level of health back and meanwhile I just try to make life as comfortable and bearable for me and my two children. This disease definitely makes me more irritable; but ironically also much MORE patient, as I realise that everyone fights their own battles, their own struggles, their own inner invisible demons.
IC is not the only invisible disease.
So I try to judge less and listen more. I'm definitely less extrovert, but that is partly because I have to do everything at the speed of a 60 year old when I'm only 35. Inside, some days, I am screaming; I just try to hang on to the hope that either I will somehow get gradually better or go into remission, or find a better way of managing the pain and the symptoms.
For now, it's just day by day, hour by hour.
I am still only just beginning to learn.' - what IC has taught me about myself

please go to www.ic-network.com to access many more......

https://dub117.mail.live.com/default.aspx#n=464138205&fid=1&mid=8a4ca4e9-15ab-11e3-83d8-002264c24342&fv=1 shows a list of the many 'bladder' songs - read them and learn!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Over to you!

So please let me know what you think, or ask me anything you would like to know.

I always appreciate honest feedback.